VCO – Patch 1 – not producing sound

Home Forums Products NS1nanosynth VCO – Patch 1 – not producing sound

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  christian 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Abstrkt
    Participant

Just got my NS1, it powers up from USB and I can get the filter to self-oscillate, and gate from the ribbon, but the default Patch 1 from the manual using the DCO does not output any sound. None of the demo patches do. I’ve gone through them all several times and verified the patching and followed the instructions per patch. – no luck 🙁

I am concerned there is a hardware issue. Can anyone provide from troubleshooting steps to confirm hardware is OK? If not I will have to return it.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 3 months ago by  Abstrkt.

Niklas
    Participant

I am not working for nanomashine. But what happens if you connect LP output directly to amp in patch 1?

christian
    Participant

Abstrkt, I don’t work for Soundmachines either. I was able to do the patches in the manual with no problem. I assume you have played with all the knobs, turning the VOLUME OUT and INITIAL up, turning the filter FREQ up, and so on. You are able to hear the filter self oscillate, so the sound output is getting out okay.

My one thought is that sometimes it’s hard to tell which pin is which. Maybe you connected the oscillator to the CV of the filter? That’s something I could imagine myself doing. See my post “Make your nanosynth easier to patch” for how I marked the pins to make it easier to see what’s what – for me, anyway. Or look at my avatar.

Good luck. Maybe it is a hardware problem. I hope you get yours working, or get one that works.

Christian

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.