Help! Think I fried my nanosynth :(

Home Forums Products NS1nanosynth Help! Think I fried my nanosynth :(

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davide Mancini 1 day, 10 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

donturner
    Participant

I accidentally plugged in a 9V supply into my nanosynth. I didn’t realise until I smelled burning. Now the arduino part of the board isn’t working, it is not recognised as a USB device when I plug it into my computer. Taking the case off I can see that the ATMEGA32U4 has a slight bubble on it and the whole area was very hot to touch.

I’m guessing I’ve fried the MCU. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for narrowing down the components which I’ve burnt up or really any advice at all!

Not holding out much hope as I don’t think anyone visits these forums anymore but worth a try….

Davide Mancini
    Keymaster

Hi DOn
    yeah probably that’s what happened, I am sorry about that. Replacing th emicro is quite simple for anyone with a little smt soldering experience. On the forum there are the instructions to reload it wiht the correct arcuino bootloader!
    I’ll point you to this.
    D

Davide Mancini
    Keymaster

Hi DOn
    yeah probably that’s what happened, I am sorry about that. Replacing th emicro is quite simple for anyone with a little smt soldering experience. On the forum there are the instructions to reload it wiht the correct arcuino bootloader!
    I’ll point you to this.
    D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.