Is it possible to make my own protected "minijack to ns1 patchcable" cable?

Home Forums Products NS1nanosynth Is it possible to make my own protected "minijack to ns1 patchcable" cable?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mariusblomstervik 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mariusblomstervik
    Participant

I would like to make my own protected cables to be able to have my NS1 interact with other gear. I want a minijack on one end, and ns1 patchcables on the other end. I hope it is possible to solder the necessary protection components in beteween.

Can anyone help me with what I need for components? Should they be connected in parallell or series?

I see that there are three components for each jack on the Nanobridge, but Im not able to identify them. I hope someone here can help me 🙂

Davide Mancini
    Keymaster

Hi Marius!
    Really simple stuff: the 3.5mm tip will go to a 1K resistor and two 1N4148 diodes: the first will connect with its cathode to the 5V (coming from the NS1) and the second with its anode to the 0V of the NS1. The same signal (after the resistor) will go to the patchcable.
    The 3.5mm shield will go directly to the NS1’s 0V.
    Hope it’s clear!

Davide

mariusblomstervik
    Participant

Hey! Thanks a lot!

Is this what you mean?
    protected cable

Davide Mancini
    Keymaster

ALMOST!!!
    Sorry it’s not so easy to understand!
    Basically the right end of the resistor should connect between the two diodes!

mariusblomstervik
    Participant

like this?

Davide Mancini
    Keymaster

Sorry! Here is the circuit!

Davide

protection

mariusblomstervik
    Participant

My small protected cable works! A 9V battery become a 4.9V signal to the Nanosynth 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.