July 12, 2019 at 6:44 pm #12561
I’m still trying and still finding this hard to love.
Tonight I’ve been trying to set up all the strips as free elements for controlling mixers/Levels on various modules.
I unassigned the KBs, set everything to free and then started mapping them left hand set 1-6, right hand set 9 -14 so far so good only for no reason the hold button on the 3rd strip along on the right hand set wouldn’t engage despite being set the same as all the others.
I saved this as a new preset, power cycled and loaded the preset and the hold button worked BUT, the strip that was set to output it’s voltage on output 3 didn’t do anything. going into the assign menu gave me the option of setting it to output 2 (which was already in use by the strip next to it) or the next free output (17 or something).
It’s really such a mediocre experience using this thing, I’m so close to putting it back in it’s box and just trying to sell it but part of me wants to hold out to see if it ever becomes useable as the thing we thought we had kickstarted in the first place.July 12, 2019 at 7:00 pm #12565
Forgot to add to the above that I’ve gone through every assignable element and there’s nothing else attributed to output 3, none of the KBs are enabled and the sequencers are all set to false.July 15, 2019 at 5:14 pm #12570
we are working on the last reports about discontinuity in the element assignements etc..
The insertion of stepseq and transpose functions broke some links between config and UI (mainly while trying to be retro-compatible with the preset file format, sic!).
Lookiing at your particular issue I wasn’t able to replicate it. Starting from a cold reset i just set the KB3 and KB4 to FREE and then assigning the sliders CV to outputs, from 1 to 12.
Up to here fine, but I had to disable, in the proceess, the thumbpads gate outputs (on outputs 4 and 5) that by default are active.
After this I could ‘play’ the strips with or without recording/hold etc.. and I also saved those in a preset. Right now I am testing the ‘restore’ part and it seems OK. Please let me know if I did something different OR you can recreate what I did with the same results.
I repeat there ARE some issues with presets and UI configuration but we are currently working on the reports including yours.
Anyway the factory preset #3 is near to what you are looking for, all the sliders are out on individual gate/CV and I use it to test the DACs of the units.July 16, 2019 at 12:18 am #12572
I’ve unassigned everything, when I scan through the elements using the knob, everything is either — as it should be or set to the output that I’ve assigned. Output 3 is just not an option and it is absolutely not because it’s assigned to something else as I’ve also gone through the thumb pads and unassigned everything related to those (apart from their dedicated outputs).
If I can find the time/energy/willpower to spend another chunk of time fighting with the unfriendly assign procedure I’ll try to set it up again using one of the existing presets as a starting point but man, as far as I’m concerned, this thing is still an awkward, buggy mess and it feels like it’s getting worse as we get more complications as features that I don’t really care that much about get added and break more things. Again, if there was a clear everything/blank state it’d make life easier.
With respect, I don’t want a preset that is *near* to what I want to use, I want the configureable, flexible controller where I can assign whatever I want to whatever output I want that I thought I was buying into.
Here’s an example of the awkward UI that I’ve mentioned earlier that I came across while *working* on this-
I decided once I’d changed all the elements to free that I wanted to change all their range to 10v instead of 5v, for each element, I had to press the select knob and move it to the element and then press the aux button 3 times for EACH change I wanted to make, then press the OK knob, then start again for the next thing I want to change. If the voltage select (or note value, or trig type, etc) stayed ‘in focus’ while moving around to assign this is would make a user friendly workflow and save wear on the hardware.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.