Multiple ns1s and power supply

Home Forums Products NS1nanosynth Multiple ns1s and power supply

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  christian 3 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

paul
    Participant

My post actually has a few questions first being is there any point on the ns1 where I could power it using the 5v and 0v points from another instead of using separate power supplies? I remember reading before that there was potentially a 3 tier case in the works has anyone heard anything of this since? Would even just love a carry case that could hold the ns1, USB power bank and patch cables. The durability of this thing shocked me when I got it but I still don’t like the idea of chucking it in the bag lose. Has anyone found anything that fits the ns1?

christian
    Participant

Hi Paul, for storing and carrying my ns1 I use a clear plastic hobby/tool box with tiered trays that are just right for all the little cables. I lined the bottom with bubble wrap and it’s a perfect fit for the ns1. https://www.amazon.com/IRIS-Portable-Hobby-Case-Clear/dp/B00DZXL166?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ2F6RDUSIYCWQMFQ&tag=sa-sym-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00DZXL166

As for power supply for multiple ns1’s, I think you need to run a USB cable or power cable into each ns1. I have two. You need to connect a 0v from one to an 0v on the other to ground and equalize them. I find that pins on the right side of the ns1 work well for that. But I don’t think you can power the whole thing that way.

I too would love a 3 tiered case. However, I found that a folding book stand like this one makes a perfect stand for two ns1’s, stacked one above the other.

https://www.amazon.com/Book-Stand-BS1500-Bookstand-Textbooks-Bookstands-Music/dp/B01CCJJGGA

The other advantage of a stand like this is that you can use it to hold a cookbook, or tablet, when you’re not making music.

I do not intend to endorse amazon, I’m sure you can find similar items in many places.

If other people have other good ideas please let us know.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.