ns1 as USB MIDI client for iOS USB MIDI Host

Home Forums Products NS1nanosynth ns1 as USB MIDI client for iOS USB MIDI Host

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  javier.cuervo 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jasonw22
    Participant

Is it possible to use ns1 as USB MIDI client for iOS USB MIDI Host? I’m able to send MIDI to ns1nanosynth from a DAW on a mac with no trouble. I’d like to do the same with my iPad.

jasonw22
    Participant

My problem was a bad USB cable! All is well now.

javier.cuervo
    Participant

Hi,

I am glad that you made it work. I have had problems making the Arduino work in my NS1. I followed Niklas instructions, but still, get errors when loading the firmware. I am trying to install the default firmware, since your post is recent, I am hoping that you’d be using the same Arduino IDE and libraries, as opposed to older posts. Below thw description of what I’ve done, and the errors I get:

1) I am using the NO_MOZZI firmware.
    2) I have downloaded the USBMIDI and the DAC_MCO49 libraries:
    3) I have them declared at the beginning of the code:

#include <pitchToFrequency.h>
    #include <pitchToNote.h>
    #include <frequencyToNote.h>
    #include <MIDIUSB_Defs.h>
    #include <MIDIUSB.h>
    #include <DAC_MCP49xx.h>

4) I select from the Board manager:
    Leaonardo & Micro MIDI-USB (arcore) – > Arduino Leonardo (MIDI)

When Loading I get the following error:

“Warning: platform.txt from core ‘Leonardo & Micro MIDI-USB (arcore)’ contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern=”{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}” {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} “{build.path}/{archive_file}” “{object_file}”, automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern=”{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}” {compiler.ar.flags} {compiler.ar.extra_flags} “{archive_file_path}” “{object_file}”. Consider upgrading this core.
    In file included from /Users/jcuervo/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MIDIUSB/src/MIDIUSB.cpp:17:0:
    /Users/jcuervo/Documents/Arduino/libraries/MIDIUSB/src/MIDIUSB.h:25:26: fatal error: PluggableUSB.h: No such file or directory
    #include “PluggableUSB.h”
    ^
    compilation terminated.
    exit status 1
    Error compiling for board Arduino Leonardo (MIDI).

Any clue? it seems that the board I select has old stuff that are not recognized by MIDI USB

If I change the board to say to Arduino AVR Boards – > Arduino Leonardo

then the error I get is the following:

Users/jcuervo/NS1nanosynth_sketches/NS1NANOSYNTH_CC_NO_MOZZI_01/NS1NANOSYNTH_CC_NO_MOZZI_01.ino: In function ‘void updateNS1()’:
    NS1NANOSYNTH_CC_NO_MOZZI_01:115:9: error: ‘MIDIUSB’ was not declared in this scope
    while(MIDIUSB.available() > 0) {
    ^
    exit status 1
    ‘MIDIUSB’ was not declared in this scope

I have #include at the beginning, I assume is global, so don’t really understand why it is complaining about this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated it!
    Javier

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.