NS1 nanosynth additional pins

Home Forums Products NS1nanosynth NS1 nanosynth additional pins

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Niklas 5 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andreas
    Participant

Hello,
    I have lot of fun with my tiny modular device.
    For better understandig I will ask for additional pins.

1)-What for the the pins on the left side (arduino part)?
    I use an Arduino Leonardo for Long time but it looks not similar here.
    (here M-> or 2SDA or 3SCL…???)

2)-Other is SB1 SB1 and SB2 on the right????

A table as part of the nanual would be nice.
    Probably anybody knows abaut it????

Davide Mancini
    Keymaster

Dear Andreas,
    I can give you some quick info here!

DAC0 and DAC1 are the output of the on board MCP4922 dac

…regarding the ‘M’ pins, those are the ones connected to the MOZZI compatibility (those are audio libraries).
    M–> is connected, as you can see in the second row, to the PWM pins (digital 9 and 10) to implement the high-resolution MOZZI output circuit. You can use 9 and 10 individually without problems with oyur own software if you don’t want to use MOZZI libs
    M<-- is the MOZZI library analog input and is connected (with a CAP and a voltage divider, followint the MOZZI app circuit) to the analog A0. On the bottom part of the first row you have all the ANALOG pins (A0 to A5) numbered as standard Arduino pins. On the second row you have the DIGITAL Arduino Leonardo pins, starting from the 0 and 1 (connected to LEDS to show USB traffic), then the two I2C pins 2 and 3 (the I2C interface is used to connect with the digital pot MCP42100) the 4(D) that is also the SPI chip select of the MCP4922 and all the remaining pins. The third row is the interface to the QUAD digital potentiometers and you can see the small symbol of FOUR pots. The pots pins are floating and you can use them to attenuate, slewing the signal (with the help of a capacitor) or even generate voltages by connecting the upper part to 5V and the lower to 0V ! SB1 and SB2 are simple 'sensor blocks' where we arranged the pins in a way that you connect directly some kind of sensors (LDR, POTENTIOMETERS, LIGHT TO FREQ converters... IR receivers, etc..) with the additional convenience of power supply pins nearby. HAVE A LOOK at the links that are on the NS1 manual. We have a GITHUB repository with two different firmwares and you can check from there the setup!

Niklas
    Participant

Hi Davine!

If yoy want to use the M-> and m-> port to something else that MOZZI.

Witch address those this port has?
    Is there something to think about when reading and writting to them?
    Do they have limitation?
    Etc. Etc.

Appreciate your answers on this forum you are very clear! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.