NS1 Nanosynth firmware with Mozzi?

Home Forums Products NS1nanosynth NS1 Nanosynth firmware with Mozzi?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Davide Mancini 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

stephane.delbecq
    Participant

Dear all,

I am a new owner of the NS1, and almost a newbie concerning arduino! When I get the NS1, I made a lot of manipulations, trying to get this device working with my existing configuration (a PC with Cubase, and many synth with a MIDI patch).
    Currently I am not able to use NS1 as an analog sequencer, or even be able to read the NS1 in Cubase…I guess that the MIDIUSB interface have some issues, but for the moment I just want to know if:
    – is there a way to reinitialize the NS1 sketch (I mean, just in the initial state…)
    – is there a a way to use MOZZI?
    if all libraries and sketch needed could be found in a single repository, it will be very nice!
    thanks a lot for your help!

Davide Mancini
    Keymaster

Hi Stephane!
    MOZZI is already running (just as an exaple sawtooth oscillator) on the NS1 as you buy it.
    We provided the hardware filtering as requested by MOZZI library and put this output to the M–> pin!
    The NS1 is responding on the MIDI channel 1 and is seen as a Class compliant MIDI device by any PC or MAC (or Ipad, etc..)…
    You should have an ‘Arduino Leonardo’ output MIDI device when you connect the NS1 and open your DAW software. No drivers are needed!
    In some PC environment, some user found that they needed to install the Arduino IDE.
    You don’t have to program the NS1, jsut install the Arduino IDE and this will install some drivers (I repeat, this is seldom needed).
    There is a GitHub repository with two official softwares (soundmachines)..
    In this forum you’ll find several instructions on how to start from scratch and firmwares!!!!!

let me know!!!!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.