Set a bpm speed in arduino code

Home Forums Products NS1nanosynth Set a bpm speed in arduino code

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  mariusblomstervik 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mariusblomstervik
    Participant

Hello.
    I am having a very fun time with the sequencers available in arduino code, but it is extremely difficult to use LFO to sync the bpm to other machines, like PO-12. Is it possible to add a simple code to a sequencer which makes me able to write a bpm-speed directly in the code? Does anybody have any tips or ideas to help me?

werle.kyle
    Participant

I made a mono 1/8th cable to wire pin connector to connect the sync out of my other gear to use on my NS-1. Connect the ground to a 0v rail and the positive to the Arduino (or divider -> Arduino because it’s probably pretty fast). The PO-12 specifically might be easiest to just use this kind of cable and plug your LFO out to a multiplier and those to the Arduino AND the PO-12. The PO-12 has many different sync options.

mariusblomstervik
    Participant

Nice one! Thanks. I might need to find some equipment to do those kinds of experiments also! Could you maybe share a picture of it?

I managed to do it with the simple blinking code 🙂 I set the HIGH delay to 0, and the LOW delay to whatever bpm (converted to milliseconds) I want. 120bpm is 500ms.

int BPMPin = 11; // BPM out connected to digital pin 11

void setup()
    {
    pinMode(BPMPin, OUTPUT); // sets the digital pin as output
    }

void loop()
    {
    digitalWrite(BPMPin, HIGH); // sets the LED on
    delay(0); // waits for a second
    digitalWrite(BPMPin, LOW); // sets the LED off
    delay(500); // sets BPM in milliseconds
    }

There seems to be a problem with the gate out from the sequencer when I do this. If I change anything on the ADSR, the sound stops and I need to reset the Arduino board. Any idea why that happens?

mariusblomstervik
    Participant

Yeah! I made the cable with a scissor and tape. It works! It works on Volca Keys also. Made a video with PO-12 for reference to other noobs like me 🙂

Is it possible to make the sound from NS1 go through the PO-12 also? It does not seem to work if I put either the white nor the red cable in VCF output. Do we have any other options?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.