Voltage controllable LFO? Multiple nanos?

Home Forums Products NS1nanosynth Voltage controllable LFO? Multiple nanos?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  mariusblomstervik 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

christian
    Participant

Greetings everybody. Has anyone developed an Arduino sketch or some other way of getting voltage control of the LFOs in the nanosynth, either the original ones, or virtual ones via Arduino? I would love to be able to modulate the LFO rate.

Also, I am fantasizing about what could be done with 2 or 3 nanosynths. Are there any videos or sound clips out there demonstrating the possibilities?

Thanks all. BTW here’s a rhythmic piece I made on my nano. https://soundcloud.com/christian-huygen/a-matter-of-urgency

Christian

m4schler
    Participant

I’m also wondering about implementing multiple nanos. My assumption is that as long as a common ground is provided linking the nanos together should not be a problem. Also looking at creating a small DSP processor using a Teensy 3.2 and audio board with some encoders ans switches for control (also CV inputs as well). I’ll update as I move along. I’m trying to come up with a very small portable full function pluggable synth package outside of the Eurorack standard, which seems to be all about the packaging. I completely understand the drive for standards, but things are getting a bit crazy price wise in that space. Too expensive for true experimentation. To my knowledge there’s nothing that can be done using Eurorack voltage standards that can’t be done using +5V, other than the whole 1V/oct limited range thing. Thoughts?

Andreas
    Participant

Hi,
    I also want to realize some extensions.
    My first add on is a hardware double lfo using IC 40610 and two capacitors and potis. The 5V I use from ns1.
    Other is an effect board with teensy 3.2 and audio shield.
    It can be expand with programming of a little step sequencing and cv/gate out for using as input ns1.

That’s probably easier to make because I do not understand the system using the included arduino with mozzi.
    @sound machines:
    Therefore it would be great to have a small quick guide-really.

christian
    Participant

@Andreas, I struggle with Mozzi also.

Dear everybody, I wanted to follow up on m4schler’s question about grounding for more than one nano, if you are wiring them together. If each one is plugged into a computer via USB cable, for power, is it grounded also? I know that e.g., with the Kilpatrick Phenol, to ground more than one you run a cable from the GROUND jack on one Phenol to any unused jack on the other Phenol. I don’t see a ground jack on the Nano.

I would love to try 2-3 nanos wired together, but I would not like to blow the circuits out. Please let me know. Thank you!

Christian

mariusblomstervik
    Participant

Anywhere you see 0V on the NS1 should be ground. I am no expert and dont know for sure, but it seems to work fine when connecting things like 5V-output-based eurorack, Division 6 sequencer and Bastl Kastle. So it should work when connecting several nanosynths also 🙂

christian
    Participant

Wow Marius thanks! That’s a big help. Would I connect one nano’s OV to another nano’s OV? Or some unused other jack into another nano’s OV?

I realize you don’t know for sure, but if you just let me know which makes sense to you, I’d appreciate it. Thank you.

Christian

mariusblomstervik
    Participant

Yes, 0V to 0V. When I got the bastl kastle the sound was very bad, until I patched the kastles – to the NS1s 0V. So I guess you will notice if you dont have the same ground between two NS1s also 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.