Feature Requests/observations

Home Forums Products (arches) Feature Requests/observations

This topic contains 32 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  altmag 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)
  • Author

dfyans
    Participant

So obviously I’m only a few hours in (and we’re waiting on certain things being finished/rolled out) but here are a couple of suggestions via observations from use that I thought it maybe worth writing down.

Free attenuation – It’s cool that we can choose 5 or 10v for free cv elements but it would be super handy having some onbaord attenuation available too (very much like Pam’s new workout % attenuation parameter) as this would give us scope to use the full ‘throw’ of a strip to control sweeter spots (eg, on a 5v setting, a % attenuation of 20% would give us 1v to sweep a filter rather than having to only use a small area or other modules). Maybe even just being able to select all the voltages from 1 to 10v would do it.

Smoother programming – This may be a personal thing but I can’t help but feel that my configuration experience would be smoother if when moving the left knob to select an element to configure, it stayed on the gate/note/aux/etc page I was on rather than jumping back to the overview. I think I’d be happier being able to bounce around and setup a bunch of elements into the same KB group, then assign them all a pitch for example that in out in out etc.

These are just a couple of minor things that scratched at my brain a little when using. Would like to hear what anyone else thinks though.

Cheers.

dfyans
    Participant

I knew there was something else I’d forgotten above

Basic Envelopes – It’d be lovely if trig/gate outputs could have the option of user variable slew (or just some basic AD or D functions).

x2mirko
    Participant

Free tuning Not a super important feature, but it would be nice to not be bound to 12-tet. In many analog fm patches, it can be more useful to carefully create tunings that sound nice with the specific patch, rather than use chromatic intervals. Of course, most users probably find the chromatic tuning in 12-tet most useful and making the process more complicated for them would be an issue. Not sure what the interaction for this should be like, but maybe there could be some button combination that could be used to activate a free tuning mode.

dfyans
    Participant

Thumb Pad Unmirroring – By no means a big deal, but I keep finding in certain situations, my brain struggles to parse that the thumb pads are a reflection of each other and it would feel more natural to be able to choose the polarity/direction via an assign menu?

x2mirko
    Participant

Toggle Option: Particularly for the top row of buttons, it would be very nice to be able to set the button to toggle a gate on or off instead of having to hold the button. Bonus points if you can freely assign a voltage output for the “off” and “on” state.

mhujavy
    Participant

CLOCK MODE: after switching on and off it is back to factory settings (Internal clock), it would be better if it stays on latest settings, that I dont need to set it again after each power on of the unit.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  mhujavy.

altmag
    Participant

CLOCK MODE: I agree with mhujavy. It would be good if previous clock mode settings were retained after a power down.

Perhaps the clock mode settings could also be saved within patterns?

Also, can you make it a user option that arches powers up and loads the last used pattern file?

Johan
    Participant

Here’s a few suggestions / wishes:

Multiple output on one key. E.g have a touch strip send to multiple outs with different CV range settings.

Having the option to set min and max value of touch strip. and maybe even a value for each corner of the pad so you blend between the four corners.

Overlays or what ever to call it – The possibility to setup the arches so you can have multiple keyboards on the same keys. And use for instance top row buttons to switch between keyboard

Super wishlist:
    Add support for some form of scripting (Lua, custom, whatever) so I can totally customize the behaviour of each key – wether it should send values in a range, send to multiple output, generate LFOs based on touch value, switch to a new context mode with new keyboard setup, …. endless possibilities 😉
    Naturally this would need to be scripted from a computer and send over as it would be tricky to do on the machine

altmag
    Participant

Johan – those are all excellent ideas!

dfyans
    Participant

I’d find what I think on hardware synths is often known as ‘hook mode’ really handy where the value will only change on an element when you reach the point it’s already at – when using free elements, it’s very difficult to not get jumpy results rather than subtle ones, particularly with things like filter cutoff and VCA amplitude.

mhujavy
    Participant

chaining of trigger sequencers. to make more complex patterns.
    mute or gate off feature to step sequencer on top part of lighstrips
    patterns? KB1 buttons can act as patterns, to switch between different step sequencers
    these top corner buttons can be user programmable what they will do. e.g. in this case can swith between pattern mode and KB1

more to come…

voidshell
    Participant

A tap tempo would be really handy (also if bpm could be adjusted with the know in real time instead of having to press to confirm the new bpm.

Also, if we could transpose the step sequencer from another “keyboard”

voidshell
    Participant

Also, what’s the status on recording / looping the light strip movements?

voidshell
    Participant

I had posted this on the fb group before we transistioned here.

Portamento

Sequencer transposing

Keyboard modes for Mono, Legato, last note, first note, etc

Ability to scroll through note selection without having to press knob for confirmation

Is it possible to Replace Arpeggiator mode terms with On / Off instead of True / False or does this have to be because of programming coding?

altmag
    Participant

It’s good that people are uploading suggestions for improvement. This is the way to get the functions we’d like to see implemented. Everyone please comment in favour of any suggestions that you like. Davide will work first on suggestions which receive the most support from users.
    Maybe it would be an idea to set up a Google spreadsheet so that we could all add 1-10 scores in favour, or not, to indicate the popularity of each suggestion?

I like these (my favourites at the top of the list):

Having the option to set min and max value of touch strip. and maybe even a value for each corner of the pad so you blend between the four corners.

Free attenuation – It’s cool that we can choose 5 or 10v for free cv elements but it would be super handy having some onbaord attenuation available too (very much like Pam’s new workout % attenuation parameter) as this would give us scope to use the full ‘throw’ of a strip to control sweeter spots (eg, on a 5v setting, a % attenuation of 20% would give us 1v to sweep a filter rather than having to only use a small area or other modules).

Toggle Option: Particularly for the top row of buttons, it would be very nice to be able to set the button to toggle a gate on or off instead of having to hold the button. Bonus points if you can freely assign a voltage output for the “off” and “on” state.

CLOCK MODE: It would be good if previous system settinghs (USB/DIN choice and clock mode settings) were retained after a power down.
    Perhaps the clock mode settings could also be saved within patterns?
    Also, can you make it a user option that arches powers up and loads the last used pattern file?

Mute or gate off feature to step sequencer on top part of lightstrips

Multiple outputs on one key. e.g. have a touch strip send to multiple outs with different CV range settings.

Portamento

Sequencer transposing (optionally from an external MIDI or CV source)

Keyboard modes for Mono, Legato, last note, first note, etc

Chaining of trigger sequencers. to make more complex patterns.

Free tuning – user-defined tuning scales

Overlays or what ever to call it – The possibility to setup the arches so you can have multiple keyboards on the same keys. And use for instance top row buttons to switch between keyboard

Smoother programming – This may be a personal thing but I can’t help but feel that my configuration experience would be smoother if when moving the left knob to select an element to configure, it stayed on the gate/note/aux/etc page I was on rather than jumping back to the overview. I think I’d be happier being able to bounce around and setup a bunch of elements into the same KB group, then assign them all a pitch for example that in out in out etc.

A tap tempo would be really handy

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.