Feature Requests/observations

Home Forums Products (arches) Feature Requests/observations

This topic contains 43 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  altmag 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author

altmag
    Participant

When you hit LOAD, can the OLED display the currently loaded pattern number? This will make it very quick to re-load a pattern which you have just edited but want to return to the saved pattern.
    Can you display a small dot next to the pattern number if the Arches settings have changed since the last load?

When you hit SAVE, can the OLED display the pattern from which the current pattern was originally loaded? Most of the time we will load a pattern, edit it, and then want to re-save it to the original location.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by  altmag.

altmag
    Participant

Can the PLAY LED flash (when playing) to indicate the tempo of the current internal or external clock?

altmag
    Participant

CLOCK MODE: after switching on and off it goes back to factory settings (Internal clock), it would be better if it stayed on the latest settings, so we don’t need to set it again after each power on of the unit.

When adjusting the tempo, you turn the knob but the tempo changes only after you then push the knob down. How about allowing the tempo the change as you turn the knob, but only if you push and hold it down while turning?

altmag
    Participant

Why do we need 2 PLAY buttons?

altmag
    Participant

Sequencer reset function

altmag
    Participant

Sequencer: when running on internal clock, Arches displays a lit LED on all step sliders, indicating the note values. When the sequencer starts, the current step is indicated by a tracking lit LED. However, as the sequence tracks, the LEDs, one by one, become unlit, except for the tracking LED. It would be better if the LEDs all remained lit during play, with the tracking indicted by an UNLIT LED. Then you would continue to be able to see all the individual note values while the sequencer runs.

Also – the LED tracking function doesn’t work when running on external clock.

mhujavy
    Participant

Hi Davide
    find more time to play with sequencer in addition to other features of arches. And I experienced when I sequencers and then switch to keyboard and play keyboard notes and using lightstrips as CV control and then switch to sequencer mode than all voltages from keyboard are reset. Will be good if setting of keybords voltages they can be kept/held when switching back and forth between sequencers and keyboards. This would allow beatiful timbre and sound manipulation of synth under control.

dfyans
    Participant

I’ve been unable to use my gear for a few weeks and today sat down again with Arches to try to setup some useful overlays and I’m finding the whole thing very much like grinding teeth. I’d like to hear how everyone else is getting on with it but I find myself getting lost/stuck/disenchanted trying to just make what feels like it should be really simple overlays.

I figured it’d be handy to make every available element apart from the XYZ pads into one single keyboard and after about a million button presses (and half of those were going back into the menu I needed because I’d somehow come out of the thing I was trying to dial in), I just couldn’t seem to make any progress and managed to unnasign some of the keys from the KB they part of but wasn’t then allowed to assign them to the KB i wanted to.

I’d love to see the way that elements are locked up addressed (ie. let us assign anything to any group whether it’s currently assigned to another KB or not please) and more importantly, the way that elements are assigned totally overhauled. It’s so counterintuitive to have to come out of the assign page, move the cursor, go into another page, come out again when trying to edit KB notes or groups of things.

I want to love this instrument, the interface is really, really making it hard for me to get to a stage that I can actually use it for what I’d like to.

Anyone else got any thoughts?

dfyans
    Participant

Also: Can we be able to name our patches please? I for the life in me have no idea if Patch005 is a a keyboard in G or individual strips for controlling a mixer, or is that Patch009 or Patch094?

altmag
    Participant

I feel your pain, dfyans…

A computer-based application for editing patches would be a better way forward. Arturia and other manufacturers provide this method and it’s much more efficient for complex patch editing.

porb
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m wondering if there’s a timeline for when the recording of finger movements will be implemented. That’s pretty much the whole reason I purchased the arches. I wrote an email to Soundmachines during the kickstarter and was told at that time that the strips could record 10 seconds of finger movement and that they were planning to get the recording times up to 30 seconds per strip.
    Anyway, I really hope that recording will be part of a new firmware soon.
    Any info/update regarding this would be greatly appreciated. I’m willing and happy to be patient as long as I receive some feedback/info regarding these updates. It’s a lot harder to be patient when we don’t hear any news and just kind of feel like we’re in the dark.
    Thanks! and good luck with ongoing development.

voidshell
    Participant

What is a real world, solid date that Arches will be updates to contain all of the advertised features from a year ago?

Where is the touch recording, portomento, legato, ability to transpose sequences via other elements, etc?

How long, Exactly and specifically, will it take until we are delivered what we paid for over a year ago?

The development of this firmware should be Sound machines First and main priority.

How long is fair after this extended amount of time? A month?

It seems that things ONLY progress once we start getting irate but until we get there that the Arches firmware is on the back burner so Sound Machines can focus on other priorities.

What’s the date? 100% completetion of promised / advertised features.

UMCorps
    Participant

I’m wondering if there’s a timeline for when the recording of finger movements will be implemented. That’s pretty much the whole reason I purchased the arches. I wrote an email to Soundmachines during the kickstarter and was told at that time that the strips could record 10 seconds of finger movement and that they were planning to get the recording times up to 30 seconds per strip.

This, this and more this.

Over on Muffs, Davide posted this today

I want to point out that after 1.0 firmware delivery, we are talking now about UI improvements and not any more about serious lacks of functions/bugs. I hope that everyone here updated the firmware!

I don’t know how to read that. The worst reading of that would be that they are not going to even attempt to implement touch recording etc now. I guess it depends on how you interpret the difference between a UI improvement and a lack of function.

Doesn’t make me feel optimistic.

altmag
    Participant

I agree entirely with the previous 3 comments. I also invested in the Kickstarter campaign for Arches believing that LS-1-style CV recording, and extensive arpeggiator/sequencer controls would be included. Personally, I’m not really interested in keyboards. I want a multi-functional, flexible CV/Gate controller for my modular system.

Davide – please respond to these comments ASAP. We have legitimate concerns and are worried that, as demonstrated at Superbooth 2019, you have moved your efforts onto promoting new products.

altmag
    Participant

Arpeggiator HOLD:

In Arches, the operation of this function is far from efficient. In every arpeggiator I’ve seen on many synths and software implemetations, the HOLD function works like this:

Assuming the arpeggiator is enabled and assigned to a keyboard group on Arches, and PLAY is enabled…

• Press and release the HOLD button – its LED is then lit and stays lit
    • Press any of the sliders and strips which are assigned to the keyboard to add those notes to the arpeggio
    • Press any of the currently added sliders to delete those notes from the arpeggio
    • Press and release the HOLD button – its LED is then extinguished and the HOLD function is disabled

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.