Feature Requests/observations

Home Forums Products (arches) Feature Requests/observations

This topic contains 43 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  altmag 4 days, 6 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Author

altmag
    Participant

We need much more flexibility with regard to assigning the output jacks for the Pitch, Expression and Gate signals.

We also need complete flexibility in assigning any combination of elements to any keyboard group. We’re very restricted right now to the Arches KB1,2,3,4,5 & 6 selections.

altmag
    Participant

I’d like to see a Configuration Status window, possibly accessible by turning there left encoder (when not in edit mode). It would show this info:

Current Preset: xx * (the * would be shown if the currently loaded preset had been edited but not yet saved).

Tempo: 120 bpm (blank if external clock is selected, unless it can calculate the tempo from the external clock)

MIDI: DIN/USB/BLE

Clock Source: INT/Clk IN/MIDI

Clock Out: ON/OFF

Whenever you exit edit mode, this window would be displayed instead of the intro splash screen.

altmag
    Participant

Can the Arches power up and load the preset which was loaded when last powered down?

Also, can the previous system configuration be loaded, i.e. tempo, clock data, MIDI data.

When loading or saving, the preset displayed should be the preset currently loaded. This would mean much fewer button presses and encoder rotations.

dfyans
    Participant

I’ve always had this cognitive issue with the LS1 too but. is there any chance that the bottom of the capacitive strips can be considered as 0v in addition to no touch?

When trying to use Arches to control a mixer for example, the only way to zero out the channel is to deselect the hold button which makes thing all the more tricky.

Currently when I scan to the bottom, I measure between 0.1 and 0.2 volts which is definitely significant enough to make a big difference when controlling eurorack modules. I’d even be happy to see it with the option of changing the scaling from linear to something more exponential (selectable of course) but at present (if I can even configure arches the way I want which is a rare thing), it doesn’t really work for me.

altmag
    Participant

It would be great to have the data from recorded Lightstrips saved into presets for later retrieval

altmag
    Participant

I’m finding that a few lightstrips are refusing to record. This is fixed by power-cycling arches.

altmag
    Participant

My comment above also applies to the Hold function, i.e. some lightstrips hold buttons don’t work occasionally. This is fixed with a power cycle.

(this comment copied to Issues Reporting)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by  altmag.

altmag
    Participant

(current firmware 1.0.10)

The arpeggiator is still difficult to program. You have tov hold down the central Hold button while holding the notes you want to arpeggiate. However, there’s no way to edit the arpeggiator. Each time you want to make a change, you have to hold down all the notes and start again.

Why use the central Hold button to record arpeggiation, when you could use the individual Hold buttons for each note? If you did that, we would be able to select and de-select notes independently while the arpeggiator is running.

Is it possible to program the Play LED to flash (in time with the current internal or external tempo) whenever anything (Arp, Trig Arp or Arpeg) is playing? It would be a great help when working on sequences, etc.

Whenever you look at a screen for e.g. Sequence or Arpeggiator, it would be really useful to be able to see the current values next to each item, e.g.

ENABLED Y
    TYPE UP
    CLOCK DIV 1
    GATE LENGTH 16%
    etc.

When you hit Load or Save, it would be good to see the currently loaded preset number.

lars.brondum
    Participant

Hi!

I haven’t found any way to shift the “keyboard” up or down in octaves? That is a feature that is quite important.
    It is as now quite limiting to be stuck in the tonal range without possibility to transpose the “keyboard” up or down.
    I know this can be done in the arpeggiator, so why not implement transposition in the normal playing mode?

Thanks!

Best, Lars

rossanderton22
    Participant

Hi,

I have my arches mounted in a eurorack case, when will the 6hp midi breakout panel be released?

rossanderton22
    Participant

If you are not going to put out a breakout panel, how about you put up a template for drilling the holes that can be printed off (100% to scale and with the hole diameters and centre points) and I can make one myself as I have a spare 8hp panel?

altmag
    Participant

I bought arches for all of its valuable features, but I’m using it mainly as a controller for my synths. What I really need, for all sliders and buttons which are programmed as FREE, i.e. not part of a keyboard, are these functions:

1 an arches preset should save the current position/value of all sliders and the status of all HOLD buttons.

2. when such a preset is loaded, those values/statuses should be recalled, but not immediately sent to the MIDI Out port.

3. a button which sends all MIDI CC values for all FREE slider/buttons from the MIDI out port.

Is this possible? It would really increase the functionality of arches as a MIDI controller.

Thanks, Mick

Davide Mancini
    Keymaster

Hi Mick, that’s an interesting feat to add. Actually the HOLD values for FREE strips are preserved. We are completing the web editor, it’s a little bit raw in graphics but it starts to work OK.
    I am trying to evluate a release date for that.
    Also checking out on the other things!

altmag
    Participant

Your’e right of course about the HOLD statuses – my mistake.

Really looking forward to the web editor.

Mick

Viewing 14 posts - 31 through 44 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.